State Program Approval Policies Study
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) undertook a study of state approval policies and procedures for postsecondary CTE programs based on extant documentation. Systematic information about these state policies and procedures is not presently available and is needed to better inform the implementation of new legislation and help states establish quality criteria for approval of programs for Perkins funding.
- To identify each state’s approval process for postsecondary CTE programs.
- To identify how and to what extent occupational standards are incorporated into the program approval/program review processes for postsecondary CTE programs.
- To identify what is being done to ensure postsecondary CTE programs are responsive to labor market needs. 4. To identify the state’s role in articulation of secondary and postsecondary CTE programs.
- Searched 50 state websites for publicly available documents related to postsecondary CTE program approval/program review and articulation processes.
- Followed-up interviews with appropriate state postsecondary CTE officials.
- Presented findings at two national CTE conferences.