Adult Education Bridge Evaluation
This project was designed to evaluate the implementation of ten adult education bridge programs by documenting the characteristics of the programs, assessing alignment and conformance with Illinois’ bridge definition, the nature of partnerships and collaboration, and the extent of challenges encountered. The evaluation also developed methods and measures to assess student outcomes, extending and deepening OCCRL’s expertise in bridge program evaluation and connecting this work with Shifting Gears 2.0. This evaluation was funded by a grant from the Illinois Community College Board. The Illinois Bridge Directory provides information about the colleges and the programs of study including in this study. Publications from this project include the Illinois Adult Education Bridge Evaluation: Technical Report, an evaluation report for Shifting Gears, and Creating a Successful Bridge Program: A “How To” Guide
- Gather data on the implementation characteristics of each program.
- Assess the extent of conformance of the adult bridge programs with Illinois’ bridge definition.
- Document the extent and nature of challenges encountered and consider implications for expansion of bridge programs statewide.
- Document promising practices, including practices requiring policy change at the institutional or state levels.
- Develop methods and measures to assess student outcomes