Framed by: Dr. Javaune Adams-Gaston, The Ohio State University
Dr. Denise Maybank, Michigan State University
Dr. Thomas Gibson, Bowling Green State University
Dr. Jeffery Burgin, Belmont University
Dr. Eboni Zamani-Gallaher, University of Illinois
This panel will feature senior faculty, institutional leaders, and seasoned CSAOs providing lessons from their journey, exploring how we evaluate student affairs effectiveness, and recommending best practices as “tools for success” in developing a strategic plan that will move us into defined positioning for fundamental success.
Pan African Summit - Senior Leadership Panel Questions
- Why/How did you decide to be a SSAO/Professor? (Opening with this question as the intro of who the person is vs them giving their name and back ground)
- If you had one word to describe a “typical” day what would it be? Why?
- What has been the most difficult decision you have had to make as an SSAO/Professor? What was your deciding factor(s) in the decision you made?
- What was one mistake you made early in your career? What lesson did you learn?
- How does your race and gender identity affect the way you lead/teach at your university?
- How do you manage being a SSAO/Professor while being a spouse/partner, parent/guardian, mentor, etc.?
- What advice do you have for navigating politics and/or conflict in the workplace as a SSAO/Professor?
- What brings you the most pride as an SSAO/Professor?
- As a SSAO/Professor, what do you feel are the top 2 to 3 trends aspiring SSAO/Professor should pay close attention to as they enter mid-level to senior level positions?
- What advice do you have for aspiring SSAO/Professor?
Part of the Pan African Summit ACPA Pre-Conference Workshop from 7:30am - 3:15pm